Scentsy scam

77 of 77 Scentsy Reviews
Feb 09, 2011
review #220654

Scentsy is a scam.My wife placed an order for products to become a consultant.

She changed her mind and inquired about a refund from the company and they refused to refund - even though their policy online (section 9) states that refunds are permitted if they are still in saleable condition. My wife was trying to do a return before her order even left the warehouse and the refund was still refused!

Check the BBB before doing business with this company and you will see many issues with the company.Any company that refuses returns should be avoided like the Plague.

6685726
0.8
Had an experience with Scentsy?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Mic

Mar 10

Who did OP call in regards to refunding the product that hadn't shipped? Scentsy has a dedicated hotline for consultants that you can either e-mail or call. They are very friendly people who o above and beyond to get a resolution. Even when consultants leave, they still may want to purchase Scentsy brand items, maybe selling wasn't for them, they had other commitments and didn't have the time to build their own business. They still know great the products are and may want to continue with Scentsy Family, only as a satisfied buyer, rather than a consultant. There are so many options available to the original poster. If she has a great team when she starts, the Scentsy sisters and brothers she met should be able to help her resolve her issue. My team is my family and my GOAL is to have EVERY person on my team successful! I run a business, NOT a scam. When I do good, that's nice. I get free product, earn prizes like Shooting Star bonuses and bracelets, all expenses paid trips every year. When my team does good, I'm doing EVEN better! I love the family feel of our team Facebook pages and how we can ask each other questions, plan trips,make YouTube videos, and also have a bit of fun! I can't say anything bad about Scentsy because my life has changed because of them! I am a wife and mom to 6 amazing children. I worked in accounting for 10 years and all of that was taking a toll on me. I had to leave. I talked with my family and we decided I would sell the Scentsy products we were... Show more

maquel

Nov 13, 2012

It's time to make the switch Eclipse Candle Company! Email me if you'd like more info. on this company. :p

maquel

Nov 13, 2012

I have discovered a wonderful company Called Eclipse Candle Company. The melts and all products they have are non-toxic. They use a vegetable paraffin wax so not to bother those with allergies/asthma. we all need to be aware of what we are breathing in! Visit the web site www.eclipsecandleco.com/kel
I will even send you a free sample! email me at kelsnails@live.com

viqueen66

Aug 17, 2013

I would love to try a free sample. Am currently using Scentsy and am under the impression that it is non-allergenic. Hmpf!!

Kristina Hellmann
P.O. Box 125
Cannington, Ontario
L0E 1E0

CANADA :)

Cheryl

Aug 22, 2012

I just have to laugh at all of these negative comments. First off, as a consultant, I make my customers well aware that the Scent Circle (if left in a car in extreme heat for long periods of time) can and has dripped droplets of oil which CAN damage some fabrics/metal in your car. I make sure they HEAR me when I tell them this. I also tell them it would be in their best interest to leave the circle in the plastic bag and take it out inch by inch until the scent is gone, just like normal car air freshners.

Second, spilled wax can and will come up off carpets and furniture if you do it correctly. Wax spilled on carpet...put down paper towels and iron on low heat. Viola! Up comes the wax AND the color!

No product on this earth is should ever be labeled as hypoallergenic. Every single person on this earth has different reactions to different things. I have a customer who can use Scentsy in every scent except the Christmas Tree (Balsam or Pine) scents because her husband is allergic to that particual smell. Odd isn't it? But it's true. It makes his throat swell up and he sneezes. Here's something else, before you buy the scent bars, don't you smell the tester first? If you have allergy problems, that is what I would do. That way you will KNOW if something is going to bother you. That is what the testers are for for cryin' out loud, and also to pick out your favorite scents. The testers are made of the same exact wax and scent that the
... Show more

1 0 Reply
Chico

Feb 19, 2013

Apparently you missed the point. This isn't about the "consultants" as you like to call yourselves, or the quality of the products, it's about this being an obvious pyramid scheme, and you getting fleeced.

I hope by the time you've read this comment, you've gotten yourself as far away from this scam as possible. And no, I am not affiliated with any of their competitors, nor am I a "consultant" myself, I just know a pyramid scheme when I see one, and this it.

1 1 Reply
Chico

Feb 19, 2013

People, please ignore every other comment you read here except this one. This is a very obvious PYRAMID SCHEME, and if you've gotten involved in it, get out now.

It blows my mind that people are still falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book.

2 1 Reply
Wanda

Mar 06, 2013

I have smell tested scents before only to find out that I didn't react until it was in my home for a few days. Unfortunately for scent allergies there is no test to go through to have specific scents listed as what you are allergic to as there are many scents within a scent.

0 1 Reply
Cheryl

Aug 22, 2012

... Show more

Jean Jacobs

Jul 25, 2012

Does anyone have the company's main phone number?
I can't seem to find one any where...Thank you...

C

Jun 18, 2012

Some scents are going to be more sensitive to some ppl. Not every Scentsy scent is hypoallergenic bc every person is different. I tried Scentsy. It took me 2 months to get a 151 dollar party. I quit Scentsy bc I was treated extremely rude in the forums and I told them, if this is how Scentsy 'sisters' act, Scentsy can kiss off. I still talk to my Consultant I signed under, but unless you know ppl familiar w/ the product already, you probably won't sell a lot.

Rebecca

Jun 07, 2012

Scentsy claims its products to be hypoallergenic and safe for asthmatics. This is blatantly false advertisemet. The petroleum-based perfumes in Scentsy are very toxic, and volitile. Each year thousands of people die in the US from asthma. It's only a matter of time before some kid gets hurt and a Scentsy rep is sued.

Good luck purging the stentch of their products out of your home. I had to re-paint and rip out the carpeting. I still haven't managed to get rid of the smell. :sigh

scentsystinks

May 31, 2012

bought a defective warmer...return/exchange policy is ridiculous...blah...I've always been skeptical of these independent consultant, pyramid type schemes...they never work and the products bomb.

Scentsy Rep

May 29, 2012

As a rep I've actually been able to speak with the others when a customer's warmer broke. Another customer had to cancel her order and it easily happened. My mother and I both are allergic to lots of things, but scentsy seems to work for us. It's not burning anything. It is heating the wax that releases the scent. Even then people who are super sensitive might still have allergies. I feel bad for the person whose coworker was responsible for causing such issues, but you can't all of scentsy for something some one else did. If you can't get a refund from scentsy, my suggestion is to find a rep who actually will buy it off of you there are plenty. The wax isn't hot enough to burn it is melted at 25 watts. It only makes sense that you have problems if there is no way to allow the scent to move instead of being in your face all of the time. I understand people getting upset, but some of this seems like a rant against a rep or person who has bought the product and not the company itself. First rule of customer service is the customer is always right. Second rule is cyoa(cover your own @$$)

SickfromIt

May 11, 2012

I thought this product was great until the rep, who works in our office, used her warmer 7 days a week 8 hrs a day. I eventually got sick. My system couldn't take it any more. My nostrils burned, my throat burned, by lungs hurt - bad! We could not convince this rep it was the product. She was defensive and in denial. She continued using the product, spray and wax melts in her office. The scent was still strong. We finally got building management and management at work involved. Now no fragrance is allowed. It's too bad it had to get to that point. Not good representation of the company or product. I will warn others. At first I had given gifts of this product to family and friends, before it made me so sick. Now I tell them to quit using it and explain my experience. If we had had ventilation in our office it may not have gotten so strong to cause problems, but I won't use it at all anywhere!

0 0 Reply
Scentsy isn't bad ppl stop com

May 03, 2012

Actually I started Scentsy 2 years ago because I live the product, I'm very sensitive when it comes to smells, I have allergies because Texas is real bad about that, and I know it's not from Scentsy because I go to Chicago to visit my brother and he has it all over his house and not once did I feel like ***

Lou

Apr 25, 2012

I'm with the other writers about allergy reactions. I have asthma and have stopped using regular candles b/c i can't breathe. I turned to Sentsy and am having the same reaction - i can't use the warmers - I start wheezing again. I can, however, tolerate the Circle Scents which i use in my closets, so i stick with those.

Loves Scentsy

Apr 08, 2012

Its really sad to see all the negative remarks.. First of all, the scent released in the air is the scent itself so it is NOT causing allergies... Just psychological or something else but you blame on Scentsy. 2nd of all, USE YOUR OWN common sense, if you spill something.. it will hurt something like any other room sprays or chemicals... Seriously?? Im sure the whiners are either former Scentsy consultant that didnt succeed so basically acting like "if I cant have it, no one else can" or just feel the need to be negative because their lives based on negativity...

1 0 Reply
Dinah Gray

Dec 31, 2012

It's not psychological.

My sister got my husband and I one of these Scentsy pots for Christmas. I was on the 2nd floor of our town house when I decided to give it a try, for the first time. My husband was on the first floor unaware of what I was up to. Shortly after lighting it, my husband started having an allergy attack downstairs. I had to turn it off and pour the wax back into it's container and seal it to help his allergy attack stop. There is something in the fragrance that my husband is allergic to. It was Zepplin, or something.

It's really a shame, since we both liked the pot and the actual smell of the wax. We are going to try melting some soy wax with some essential oils and see if we can use that in the pot.

P.S. I am NOT a former consultant, up until this gift we have had no experience with this company or product

Amanda

Apr 06, 2012

I agree that Scentsy wax made your asthma flare up. My husband and daughter can't go near Scentsy wax without having sneezing fits. There is something in Scentsy that I can't put my finger on but all the scents have a smell that gives me an instant headache. My friend and mother say the same thing too. All the scents just seem to smell the same to me . Oh I even tried one of their sprays and it seriously closed up my throat. I hate this company and I find it way overrated. I am not allergic to anything except for Scentsy. Hmmmm....

Showing 1-20 of 77 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Scentsy.
Filing a new complaint about
×