Scentsy scam

Scentsy is a scam.My wife placed an order for products to become a consultant.

She changed her mind and inquired about a refund from the company and they refused to refund - even though their policy online (section 9) states that refunds are permitted if they are still in saleable condition. My wife was trying to do a return before her order even left the warehouse and the refund was still refused!

Check the BBB before doing business with this company and you will see many issues with the company.Any company that refuses returns should be avoided like the Plague.

review #220654
182 34 Helpful?
Had the same issue4 Comments91
Had an experience with Scentsy?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

May 18 #985616

I'm sure she could have sold them - but that is not the point. The company has a clearly stated return policy that they did not honor. Legit companies have return policies and honor them, this company does not.

May 15 #984812

I'm sure she could have just sold the brand new items they send you when you purchase the kit and probably make more than 99. Besides if she inquired that means she probably had people she could sell to so if anything she could have gotten rid of the items easily.

1 0 Reply
rhfisherii

Nov 17, 2014 #901573 Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania

My original post was due to my actual experience. Your rhetoric regarding teams, families, etc. does not change what actually happened to me. This company did not honor it's own written and stated policy - which is fraudulent and a scam in my book. Not only did the company refuse to issue a refund, they were very rude as well. I had to go the Direct Sellers Association (dsa.org), which Scentcy is a member, to plead my case and get the refund I was due. The DSA also has stated policies regarding returns and, as a member, Scentcy is bound by those return policies. If this company was legit, I would have just received a refund without having to go to the BBB and the DSA. Scam.

2 2 Reply
SL

Nov 17, 2014 #902019

This was first wrote in 2011, it's 3 years later. If your still holding a grudge then something is obviously wrong. Hasn't anyone ever taught you to move on and let go.. This company your speaking of is not a scam nor fraudulent. Scentsy does do refunds depending on each and every circumstance. You don't get a refund for signing up as a consultant then changing your mind on the kit. Paying 99 for the kit an signing up as a consultant, trying to get a refund is different than buying a warmer an getting a refund.
This company honors a lot. And as for you being so bitter and still hanging on, it sounds like your forgetting to tell the whole truth. There are two sides to every story. A scam is a dishonest scheme; and/or fraud. No one committed fraud or was dishonest. It was your wife who didn't think things through before buying something she didn't want. So blame the issue on your wife's indecisive decisions.
Scentsy is a good company to work for, as well as purchase from.

2 3 Reply
rhfisherii

Nov 18, 2014 #902247 Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania

SL - I am telling the whole truth and have nothing to hide. Actually, I was contacted once (via email) by someone claiming to be a "lawyer" that told me to remove my posts because the posts were slander. I told the person "nice try but slander means untrue and I have never put anything on this site that was untrue". Having a written policy regarding returns and not honoring it is, indeed, deceitful and fraud. Keeping a customers money when it should be rightfully returned is fraud (and stealing). Scentsy is a scam. I stand by my original post regardless of how long ago the situation occurred. My wife's indecisiveness has nothing to do with it - Scentsy has a written policy which grants refunds - nowhere in that policy does it stipulate that "indecisiveness" is grounds for refusing a refund. YOU ARE BLAMING THE CUSTOMER for Scentsy's mishandling of the situation. Also, the policy does not distinguish between consultants and customers (nor does the DSA allow this). Nice try, but you are wrong. I will continue to post on this thread as long as it exists. Obviously, there are other negative comments on this site relating to Sentsy so I would not say the are "a good company to purchase from".

1 2 Reply
taw

Dec 05, 2014 #911480

Good for you.. Scentsy is a GREEDY company..!

2 1

Dec 05, 2014 #911513 Edinboro, Pennsylvania

Wrong. You do get a refund for "signing up as a consultant and then changing your mind on the kit" - per DSA guidelines (which Scentsy is member) EVERY purchase is refunded 100% during a specified "cooling off" period:
"Member companies and their salespeople shall offer a written, clearly stated cooling off period permitting the consumer to withdraw from a purchase order within a minimum of three days from the date of the purchase transaction and receive a full refund of the purchase price."
If you don't know what you are talking about, don't post on this thread. SCAM.

MSMMR01

Nov 16, 2014 #901038 Kingston, Ontario

I also encourage people to check the BBB - Scentsy actually has an A+ rating - http://www.bbb.org/snakeriver/business-reviews/multi-level-selling-companies/scentsy-inc-in-meridian-id-5006323/
Since Scentsy does hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales in USA, Canada, Mexico & Australia - there are ALWAYS going to be people who aren't happy - you can't please everyone. However, the vast majority of people are very happy with Scentsy, their consultants & the products they offer.
I also have to question the validity of some of these complaints when many of them have ads for other businesses.
If you have a genuine gripe with Scentsy, it's consultants or products, you can call their toll free number (listed EVERYWHERE on the web).
I'm sorry for those of you who have had valid complaints - I can't justify why some of you were given misinformation or has issues with refunds. Scentsy offers a 30 days satisfaction guarantee (you can exchange ANY product your unhappy for one in the same category) & a lifetime warranty on their warmers & plug ins.
As a Scentsy customer I have been using their products since they came available in 2009 - from warmers & wax to lotions & laundry products (most of which I LOVED, some I didn't). Sometimes we have to realize that there are ALWAYS going to be people out there that you can't please, that don't read the fine print & (sometimes) are just complaining to complain. That doesn't mean there aren't

2 1 Reply
Mic

Mar 10, 2014 #792974

Who did OP call in regards to refunding the product that hadn't shipped? Scentsy has a dedicated hotline for consultants that you can either e-mail or call. They are very friendly people who o above and beyond to get a resolution. Even when consultants leave, they still may want to purchase Scentsy brand items, maybe selling wasn't for them, they had other commitments and didn't have the time to build their own business. They still know great the products are and may want to continue with Scentsy Family, only as a satisfied buyer, rather than a consultant. There are so many options available to the original poster. If she has a great team when she starts, the Scentsy sisters and brothers she met should be able to help her resolve her issue. My team is my family and my GOAL is to have EVERY person on my team successful! I run a business, NOT a scam. When I do good, that's nice. I get free product, earn prizes like Shooting Star bonuses and bracelets, all expenses paid trips every year. When my team does good, I'm doing EVEN better! I love the family feel of our team Facebook pages and how we can ask each other questions, plan trips,make YouTube videos, and also have a bit of fun! I can't say anything bad about Scentsy because my life has changed because of them! I am a wife and mom to 6 amazing children. I worked in accounting for 10 years and all of that was taking a toll on me. I had to leave. I talked with my family and we decided I would sell the Scentsy products we were... Show more

5 0 Reply
maquel

Nov 13, 2012 #568466

It's time to make the switch Eclipse Candle Company! Email me if you'd like more info. on this company. :p

0 4 Reply
maquel

Nov 13, 2012 #568462

I have discovered a wonderful company Called Eclipse Candle Company. The melts and all products they have are non-toxic. They use a vegetable paraffin wax so not to bother those with allergies/asthma. we all need to be aware of what we are breathing in! Visit the web site www.eclipsecandleco.com/kel
I will even send you a free sample! email me at kelsnails@live.com

0 4 Reply
viqueen66

Aug 17, 2013 #701428

I would love to try a free sample. Am currently using Scentsy and am under the impression that it is non-allergenic. Hmpf!!

Kristina Hellmann
P.O. Box 125
Cannington, Ontario
L0E 1E0

CANADA :)

Cheryl

Aug 22, 2012 #532422

I just have to laugh at all of these negative comments. First off, as a consultant, I make my customers well aware that the Scent Circle (if left in a car in extreme heat for long periods of time) can and has dripped droplets of oil which CAN damage some fabrics/metal in your car. I make sure they HEAR me when I tell them this. I also tell them it would be in their best interest to leave the circle in the plastic bag and take it out inch by inch until the scent is gone, just like normal car air freshners.

Second, spilled wax can and will come up off carpets and furniture if you do it correctly. Wax spilled on carpet...put down paper towels and iron on low heat. Viola! Up comes the wax AND the color!

No product on this earth is should ever be labeled as hypoallergenic. Every single person on this earth has different reactions to different things. I have a customer who can use Scentsy in every scent except the Christmas Tree (Balsam or Pine) scents because her husband is allergic to that particual smell. Odd isn't it? But it's true. It makes his throat swell up and he sneezes. Here's something else, before you buy the scent bars, don't you smell the tester first? If you have allergy problems, that is what I would do. That way you will KNOW if something is going to bother you. That is what the testers are for for cryin' out loud, and also to pick out your favorite scents. The testers are made of the same exact wax and scent that the

5 0 Reply
Chico

Feb 19, 2013 #611559

Apparently you missed the point. This isn't about the "consultants" as you like to call yourselves, or the quality of the products, it's about this being an obvious pyramid scheme, and you getting fleeced.

I hope by the time you've read this comment, you've gotten yourself as far away from this scam as possible. And no, I am not affiliated with any of their competitors, nor am I a "consultant" myself, I just know a pyramid scheme when I see one, and this it.

3 6 Reply
taw

Dec 05, 2014 #911482

your correct Chico. Scentsy is a pyramid company designed to make them money not the consultant. They manipulate the consultant to make them money.

Chico

Feb 19, 2013 #611565

People, please ignore every other comment you read here except this one. This is a very obvious PYRAMID SCHEME, and if you've gotten involved in it, get out now.

It blows my mind that people are still falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book.

3 6 Reply
Wanda

Mar 06, 2013 #618782

I have smell tested scents before only to find out that I didn't react until it was in my home for a few days. Unfortunately for scent allergies there is no test to go through to have specific scents listed as what you are allergic to as there are many scents within a scent.

0 2 Reply
Cheryl

Aug 22, 2012 #532420

Jean Jacobs

Jul 25, 2012 #519038

Does anyone have the company's main phone number?
I can't seem to find one any where...Thank you...

C

Jun 18, 2012 #497743

Some scents are going to be more sensitive to some ppl. Not every Scentsy scent is hypoallergenic bc every person is different. I tried Scentsy. It took me 2 months to get a 151 dollar party. I quit Scentsy bc I was treated extremely rude in the forums and I told them, if this is how Scentsy 'sisters' act, Scentsy can kiss off. I still talk to my Consultant I signed under, but unless you know ppl familiar w/ the product already, you probably won't sell a lot.

1-20 of 91 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Scentsy.
Filing a new complaint about
×