Scentsy - DON'T get taken by the "Join us and start your own business for $99!"
I live in the same city as Scentsy headquarters, in Meridian Idaho. I have 5 big complaints as a Scentsy consultant.
1. The people who work at Scentsy treat me like cattle. They won't let consultants who live less than a mile away come in to trade a broken item, for example, with one that isn't broken. They have me mail it in and then they mail it back.
2. It's over-saturated with consultants. Living in Meridian, too, is like wall to wall consultants. You will hear "Oh, it's your own BUSINESS," but Scentsy will ruin your trust in humankind by charging you monthly for your website, charging you more than it's worth for consultant supplies (like order forms and party testers).
3. I've been a consultant for almost 4 years. You need to know that NO ONE can make a profit with Scentsy unless you are willing to recruit a "downline." You need about a dozen who will bring in money every month in order to make a decent amount. But consultants don't last long. Either they didn't know about building a team or they didn't know it was such a rigid system, and expensive!
4. Scentsy administration doesn't give a whit about you, a consultant. You'll get a birthday greeting but it's hollow.
5. See that picture? That's the multi-billion dollar building that was built off of consultants' backs. They make good money. But just try to have anything done for you. Call customer support and ask to do, oh, anything, and they will say no.
6. Guess how much money I've made over the last 4 years? Nothing. I'm actually in debt around $8,000 because of having to purchase inventory, then having it sit because you can't sell it.
7. Guess where your money goes? The owners are heavy duty Mormons. They tithe, 10% of their salary. So for every $100 you make for the company, $10 goes to that corrupt Mormon church. Do you really want to support them?
Scentsy--what a scam. Don't do it. Even with $99, it is out to get you.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Warn other unsuspecting people that the $99 business offer will cost you thousands.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Scentsy No Morale
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I keep seeing all of these negative reviews about Scentsy so I feel I have to step in a defend this company. 1 year ago I had no idea what..."
- "This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm..."
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "I work at the Broadway Jimmy John's in Boise, Id and i was nice enough to cover a shift for a co-worker so she could plan for her graduation party..."
- "I order 21 white roses, 3 lilies and 5 coronations. They deliver 1 day latter, and there was not a single flower in the basket!!!(and it suppose to be in..."
- "On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me. The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful. I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."