I live in the same city as Scentsy headquarters, in Meridian Idaho. I have 5 big complaints as a Scentsy consultant.
1. The people who work at Scentsy treat me like cattle. They won't let consultants who live less than a mile away come in to trade a broken item, for example, with one that isn't broken. They have me mail it in and then they mail it back.
2. It's over-saturated with consultants. Living in Meridian, too, is like wall to wall consultants. You will hear "Oh, it's your own BUSINESS," but Scentsy will ruin your trust in humankind by charging you monthly for your website, charging you more than it's worth for consultant supplies (like order forms and party testers).
3. I've been a consultant for almost 4 years. You need to know that NO ONE can make a profit with Scentsy unless you are willing to recruit a "downline." You need about a dozen who will bring in money every month in order to make a decent amount. But consultants don't last long. Either they didn't know about building a team or they didn't know it was such a rigid system, and expensive!
4. Scentsy administration doesn't give a whit about you, a consultant. You'll get a birthday greeting but it's hollow.
5. See that picture? That's the multi-billion dollar building that was built off of consultants' backs. They make good money. But just try to have anything done for you. Call customer support and ask to do, oh, anything, and they will say no.
6. Guess how much money I've made over the last 4 years? Nothing. I'm actually in debt around $8,000 because of having to purchase inventory, then having it sit because you can't sell it.
7. Guess where your money goes? The owners are heavy duty Mormons. They tithe, 10% of their salary. So for every $100 you make for the company, $10 goes to that corrupt Mormon church. Do you really want to support them?
Scentsy--what a scam. Don't do it. Even with $99, it is out to get you.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Monetary Loss: $8000.
Preferred solution: Warn other unsuspecting people that the $99 business offer will cost you thousands..