Scentsy - My daughter received an electrical shock

My daughter plugged in her Scentsy plug in warmer and when she flicked the on switch a spark flew out of the switch and the switch and her hand were covered with a black soot. This of course scared her and she jumped back. My daughter posted a picture of the warmer and her hand on Facebook responses were friends and family asking if she was ok. Her consultant and cousin (family member!)

"Sorry you had that experience (daughters name). Put it aside for me and I will send it back to Scentsy. I'm also happy to give you a full refund".

Her first response wasn't asking if she was ok or sure your not other comments

I have unplugged all my Scentsy products and I will never use them again. They are potently very dangerous they could cause physical harm and a spark like that could start a fire. People be careful.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 28 No 28
Had the same issue 24 Yes 24
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 18, 2015 #1080990

You say that the consultant is a family member? Wow...way to try to ruin your own family member's business by making all this fuss and posting it online. You have bad wiring in your house, and nobody was hurt. Cry me a river. Maybe someday something will go wrong in your business and someone will kindly try to ruin you...maybe a family member. Let's see how that karma feels. Happy Holidays!

5 3 Reply

Oct 25, 2015 #1053535

Or your outlet had a shortage..? It could happen to anyone plugging in anything.

10 0 Reply

May 15, 2015 #984761

Unfortunately this sounds like a faulty wiring situation this could have happened if you plugged anything into that outlet

16 1 Reply

May 04, 2015 #979804

Daughter "plugged in the warmer flipped the switch and sparks flew out" that sounds like a ELECTRICAL problem NOT a Scentsy warmer problem. People really are wiser than I thought lol.

21 2 Reply

Mar 29, 2015 #965009

Maybe she put the wrong bulb? in so glad the ones I ordered in aus don't have bulbs ^_^ can't stuff up like that lady who set hers on fire like common you put the wrong size bulb in anything! It will do that
The consultants here are lovely too ^_^

0 0 Reply

Mar 22, 2015 #961924 Windsor, Ontario

It is a scentsy warmer, it's called something like 'seaside' it's a plugin, I have it in my bathroom. Mine is turning brown around where the lightbulb is, because it's being burned - ready to stop using my scentsy products also.

2 2 Reply

Jan 12, 2015 #930045

That is not a scentsy warmer. After reading this I went to my website to look at this warmer. I wish I could post a pic to show you all the differences in these two warmer. It is most definitely a knock off made to look like a scentsy plug in.

17 4 Reply

Dec 03, 2014 #910184 Taylor, Michigan

That's not even scentsy, get your facts straight.

12 6 Reply

Dec 03, 2014 #910485

that is scentsy.
it'd available right now too. it's called seashells.
get your facts straight.

5 6 Reply

Dec 03, 2014 #910166 Woodbridge, Virginia

It may be her wall plug not the Scentsy Plug in. I had to have mine checked and there was short in my wall plug nothing wrong with Scentsy Plug in.

14 0 Reply

Sep 05, 2014 #866473

How did the spark hit the top of her hand? When you plug it in, it's against your palm so shouldn't her palm have been shocked? And who cares if your cousin/consultant didn't ask your daughter ON FACEBOOK if she was okay. Obviously if she was posting this on Facebook, she was fine and just looking for attention.

5 5 Reply

Jan 17, 2015 #932673 Pekin, Illinois

cant you read retard?

0 5 Reply

Sep 01, 2014 #864201

Mine just spit out two sparks I unplugged it quickly. The little switch that turns it on/off was burnt to a crisp and burned through the wire. All of mine are unplugged and I am getting rid of them. If I hadn't been home, my house would have caught on fire.

0 4 Reply

Apr 04, 2015 #967947

That's just a risk with anything electrical. Also, your light bulb has to be a Scentsy light bulb, not just any bulb you buy from the store because of this reason. They have a lifetime warranty on the electrical of every warmer.

9 1 Reply

Jul 19, 2014 #843016

I'm sorry you had this issue, but it could have easily have been a lamp that was plugged into that outlet or a radio, or a cell phone charging. Possible wiring issue behind the wall but since it was a Scentsy plug-in, Scentsy gets blamed.

12 1 Reply

Jul 12, 2014 #839553

Why were you not watching your daughter, you are the one that needs to be in trouble, possibly have someone contact CPS on you and charge you with child endangerment.

4 18 Reply

Oct 21, 2015 #1051895

Why would you assume that the daughter is underage?
She said 'my daughter', not 'my nine-year old'.
Look at the hand in the picture. Hardly looks like a very young hand to me; her daughter could be thirty for all you know and still be her daughter. Holy cow.
It's toolboxes like you that overwhelm CPS with petty, ridiculous calls and prevent actual children actually being abused from getting help because the resources get stretched so thin having to check out every BS complaint from the busybodies of the world. Sigh.

3 0 Reply

Oct 25, 2015 #1053542

If someone appears to be negligent to a child as it appears the OP is, it is better to be safe than sorry. It is people like you who are afraid to report who allow abused children to stay in abusive homes and they eventually get seriously injured or die due to your fear or reporting.

0 3 Reply
First Born Triplet

Jul 12, 2014 #839547 Markham, Ontario

We had this electric thing where you put oil in it and it makes the smell good as soon as it was plugged in sparks flew out of it.

1 2 Reply

1-20 of 30 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Scentsy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Scentsy.
Filing a new complaint about