Scentsy - My daughter received an electrical shock

170 of 224 Scentsy reviews

My daughter plugged in her Scentsy plug in warmer and when she flicked the on switch a spark flew out of the switch and the switch and her hand were covered with a black soot. This of course scared her and she jumped back. My daughter posted a picture of the warmer and her hand on Facebook responses were friends and family asking if she was ok. Her consultant and cousin (family member!)

"Sorry you had that experience (daughters name). Put it aside for me and I will send it back to Scentsy. I'm also happy to give you a full refund".

Her first response wasn't asking if she was ok or sure your not hurt....like other comments

I have unplugged all my Scentsy products and I will never use them again. They are potently very dangerous they could cause physical harm and a spark like that could start a fire. People be careful.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment

More Review Details

Product or service
Plug In Warmer
Review category
Shopping
review #456141
Had an experience with Scentsy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 29 No 29
Had the same issue 24 Yes 24
170 of 224 Scentsy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Anonymous

Nov 25 #1245873 Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

FYI Scentsy Seashell wRner is rough like sand it's not smooth like that one!!!! I do believe this is a fake Scentsy brand mini warmer / night light style
I own seashells and it's rough finished not smooth
Sooooo if your 100% send it to corporate

0 0 Reply
Anonymous

Nov 25 #1245870 Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I sure hope your ok!!!!!
WOW I've never seen this before, there's one incident where the wrong size bulb was put into one of those and caused a spark
But Im assuming you only used scentsy 15 watt bulbs in that?
Also keeping the outlet clean and wax from getting into the housing is important for safety.
The outlet itself looks old that looks like it could be an issue with your outlet being bad which caused the little mini warmer to spark
That seems like a power surge But I'm no electrician I'm just guessing I've had my nightlite for 6 years it's on 24/7 same bulb too and never had an issue Send that back to corporate contact the consultant and have it sent back ASAP!!!!! That's got to be more to why it did that. Ive seen them break and overload outlets from using to big of bulbs in them, but I've never seen scentsy products donthat only better homes and gardens ones I've seen catch fire!

0 0 Reply
Anonymous

Oct 27 #1233060 Billings, Montana, United States

It's a fake photo. why? because look at her hand. She has black cascading from her pinky to her next finger.. that means that she would have had to turn it on with her pinky and the soot would have traveled at an angle towards the knuckle of her ring finger. If she had turned it on with her pointer finger as most people would, the soot would have hit her Flip off finger. pointer finger and possibly her ring finger. position your hand as if you are going to push a button on a wall and see what the natural position of your hand is and you will see my point.

1 0 Reply
Anonymous

Dec 18, 2015 #1080990

You say that the consultant is a family member? Wow...way to try to ruin your own family member's business by making all this fuss and posting it online. You have bad wiring in your house, and nobody was hurt. Cry me a river. Maybe someday something will go wrong in your business and someone will kindly try to ruin you...maybe a family member. Let's see how that karma feels. Happy Holidays!

6 3 Reply
Anonymous

Oct 25, 2015 #1053535

Or your outlet had a shortage..? It could happen to anyone plugging in anything.

10 0 Reply
Anonymous

May 15, 2015 #984761

Unfortunately this sounds like a faulty wiring situation this could have happened if you plugged anything into that outlet

16 1 Reply
Anonymous

May 04, 2015 #979804

Daughter "plugged in the warmer flipped the switch and sparks flew out" that sounds like a ELECTRICAL problem NOT a Scentsy warmer problem. People really are wiser than I thought lol.

21 2 Reply
Anonymous

Mar 29, 2015 #965009

Maybe she put the wrong bulb? in so glad the ones I ordered in aus don't have bulbs ^_^ can't stuff up like that lady who set hers on fire like common you put the wrong size bulb in anything! It will do that
The consultants here are lovely too ^_^

0 0 Reply
KT

Mar 22, 2015 #961924 Windsor, Ontario, Canada

It is a scentsy warmer, it's called something like 'seaside' it's a plugin, I have it in my bathroom. Mine is turning brown around where the lightbulb is, because it's being burned - ready to stop using my scentsy products also.

2 2 Reply
Awesome

Jan 12, 2015 #930045

That is not a scentsy warmer. After reading this I went to my website to look at this warmer. I wish I could post a pic to show you all the differences in these two warmer. It is most definitely a knock off made to look like a scentsy plug in.

18 4 Reply
Duh

Dec 03, 2014 #910485

that is scentsy.
it'd available right now too. it's called seashells.
get your facts straight.

5 6 Reply
Anonymous

Dec 03, 2014 #910166 Woodbridge, Virginia, United States

It may be her wall plug not the Scentsy Plug in. I had to have mine checked and there was short in my wall plug nothing wrong with Scentsy Plug in.

14 0 Reply
Anonymous

Sep 05, 2014 #866473

How did the spark hit the top of her hand? When you plug it in, it's against your palm so shouldn't her palm have been shocked? And who cares if your cousin/consultant didn't ask your daughter ON FACEBOOK if she was okay. Obviously if she was posting this on Facebook, she was fine and just looking for attention.

5 5 Reply
Anonymous

Sep 01, 2014 #864201

Mine just spit out two sparks I unplugged it quickly. The little switch that turns it on/off was burnt to a crisp and burned through the wire. All of mine are unplugged and I am getting rid of them. If I hadn't been home, my house would have caught on fire.

0 4 Reply
Anastasia

Apr 04, 2015 #967947

That's just a risk with anything electrical. Also, your light bulb has to be a Scentsy light bulb, not just any bulb you buy from the store because of this reason. They have a lifetime warranty on the electrical of every warmer.

9 1 Reply
Anonymous

Jul 19, 2014 #843016

I'm sorry you had this issue, but it could have easily have been a lamp that was plugged into that outlet or a radio, or a cell phone charging. Possible wiring issue behind the wall but since it was a Scentsy plug-in, Scentsy gets blamed.

12 1 Reply
Anonymous

Jul 12, 2014 #839553

Why were you not watching your daughter, you are the one that needs to be in trouble, possibly have someone contact CPS on you and charge you with child endangerment.

4 19 Reply

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Scentsy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

 
×
You were reading a complaint about Scentsy.
Filing a new complaint about
×