Do not remove the outer cellophane plastic cover. The disk melted the side of the center console in my wife's Saturn Outlook.

There must be a chemical in the air freshener that melts certain plastics. It was not an issue until the outer cover of the freshener was fully removed. It will probably be too late for most by the time they read this. I'm quickly running out of things to say to meet this 100 word minimum, I hope I can think of some more.

It did smell nice, but I hope they have changed the formula by now. I'm pretty sure the disk we had was purchased some time ago, and was not recent product.

Reason of review: Product melted the console in my wife's car..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

It says right on the packaging not to lay it on plastic just like the little trees freshness and many others that are meant to hang freely

Hello! I am a rep, and I would like to help!

The scent circle (I'm assuming you are talking about) should not have melted anything- I understand you shouldn't put them directly on any surface because the oils and what not in them could stain surfaces that is why they are made small enough to hang in your rear view mirror without causing any obstructions. Maybe being in the suns exposure could have melted the oils in it causing it to burn...It's unfortunate either way!! Your rep should have warned you!

You will be happy to know they have came out with a Car Bar we recommend specifically for scenting your vehicle, and it is more of a silicone material rather than felt(ish) so the oil leakage should be very minimal if any- it is still recommend- as with anything with a scent- that you don't put it directly onto surfaces though!

Feel free to contact me at thatcrazyscentsylady@gmail.com if you would like to order a replacement and give it a try!

You can also go directly to https://busyb.scentsy.ca to check out the selections! I hope to hear from you!!