Scentsy car freshner ruined 2 covers on my dashboard

I received one of these freshners free with a scentsy order, I put it in my car, but did not hang it up as it would distract my view and just laid it on the bit between the seats in front of the gear stick.I went to move it to put something in the compartment and it was stuck to the lid, it had melted the covers!

at first I thought it had glue on the back, but when I tried to take it off, I realised that the lid itself was soft and melting.

I have attached a photograph of the damage, DO NOT USE THESE!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Scentsy Scent Circle
Review category
review #492075

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Scentsy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 9 No 9
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 03 #1105818

How on earth can you complain when you weren't using them as per the directions? They are designed to be hung! The damage is your own fault due to misuse of the product.

11 0 Reply

Jan 21 #1098367

The packaging states to hang freely because it WILL cause damage for it has oil in it.

9 0 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060809

It says on the package to hang freely & not lay on surfaces

7 0 Reply

Aug 09, 2015 #1017675

I recently put your circle car scents in my new truck. Little did I know how much damage it would cause if it touched a surface. I now have over $800 worth of damage to my truck and after searching on Google, many other people have had this issue. My state, Maryland, it's illegal to have anything hanging from a rear view mirror, so I hung it by my radio and shift knob. I might be dumb for NOT reading the warnings on the back, but reality, how many people do? If these scents cannot touch any other surface without causing damage, how safe are these for a human to breathe or touch??

0 2 Reply

Jun 25, 2015 #999489

I had the same thing happen with yankee candle product...not made for Florida heat...

0 0 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #949193

I hate scentsy. I can't stand how you women are always trying to make a few bucks by obligating your friends to buy *** junk like scenty, 31 bags, pampered chef. All those products are overpriced junk.

2 13 Reply

Oct 28, 2014 #891741 Brocton, New York

the directions say hang. I recommend getting a travel tin if you do not wish to have things hanging on your mirror. I had a walmart air fresher do that to me also because it fell off the mirror.

11 0 Reply

Oct 27, 2014 #891239 Merlin, Oregon

15 1 Reply

Sep 05, 2014 #866463 Carol Stream, Illinois

Lmfao I really enjoy this complaints. You people are all idiots. They're made with oils. It's a car air freshener made to HANG from your rearview mirror; not thrown on your plastic dashboard. Morons. Learn to read labels, people!!!! It's idiots like you that things get recalled because you don't know how to use them.

31 3 Reply

Mar 29, 2015 #965010

Umm no normal people read warning labels i read them all from cooking appliances to household smell enhancing items

7 0 Reply

Aug 27, 2014 #862187

instead of buying the circles, buy the scent packs and lay them under your seats, if you are concerned about damage, and being able to see. They actually last longer than the scent circles :)

17 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2014 #854400 Parma, Idaho

I hung mine from the gear shift and have for years. It also completely melted the plastic. Scentsy's response is there is a warning on the package. I think the warning should say a little more than may damage surfaces. Melting plastic is pretty extensive damage.

4 9 Reply

2 days ago #1229324 West Point, Georgia

Why would it need to say more lmao....damage your surface its what it did

0 0 Reply

Jun 19, 2014 #829297

It says right on the package that it could discolor or damage something if it sits on it.

15 0 Reply

Dec 10, 2014 #913885 Cape Coral, Florida

Sounds like a pretty toxic product to me!

3 4 Reply

Jun 15, 2014 #827811

If it eats through plastic, what's it doing to your lungs?

8 6 Reply

Jun 15, 2014 #827810 Mountain Home, Idaho

Has anyone received compensation from Scentsy for similiar damage? If not has anyone attempted to sue them? I live in Idaho near Scentsy headquarters and am considering filing a lawsuit, please contact me if you have any relevant information on these Scent Paks damaging vehicles at

5 16 Reply
wickless scents

Aug 03, 2014 #850483

Theyll eat you up in court because you're not supposed to put them on your dashboard, it says it on the packages why don't you read the labels. you're wasting your money if you TRY to take them to court.

26 2 Reply

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Scentsy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Scentsy.
Filing a new complaint about